Just 12 days to go until Chorleywood’s first Film Festival gets underway and anticipation is building – so time to focus and decide which films you’d like to see.
With a programme based on the theme From The Book To The Big Screen, the Festival offers films which have nearly all been adapted from popular books and biographies. A veritable feast, with something for all ages…
- A wartime romantic drama (Suite Française: 15, 107 mins); https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-9B1gfvqLE
- A BAFTA winning children’s animated film (The Forgotten Toys: U, 28 mins) from local director/producer Graham Ralph with music by Paul Carrack; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXgdl3u4nmo
- The winning short film from our Young Film-makers Competition.
- A classic children’s short feature film (The Red Balloon: U, 34 mins); https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KorAPe9TV7E
- A children’s fantasy adventure (The Water Horse – Legend of the Deep: PG, 107 mins); https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A61xKyuXqY
- A BAFTA winning, Oscar nominated short animated film (The Bigger Picture); https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWlGf-MqO3Q
- A comedy revenge drama (The Dressmaker: 12, 114 mins); https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyLrIq_ZHDA
- The wonderful Rogers & Hammerstein family musical (The King and I: 12, 127 mins); https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xSDRdSXA6Y
All the screenings are in the War Memorial Hall and will be using its new large wide format screen.
Tickets are now available from the bookshop.
Chorleywood Film Festival is taking place over the weekend of 17–19th February and is a joint collaboration between Chorleywood Film Club and Chorleywood Bookshop. We’d also like to thank Sewell & Gardner and Chorleywood Parish Council for their support.