CALLING YEARS 3-6!
Can you tell a STORY? We are inviting YOU to make a mini movie and see it on the BIG SCREEN!
WIN the opportunity to meet industry professionals and have your mini movie screened as part of the CW Film Festival on Saturday 8th October!
WE WANT TO SEE STORIES – use your imagination and GOOD LUCK!
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Entry is open to anyone years 3-6 at school!
- There are two entry categories : Years 3&4 and 5&6.
- DEADLINE for submission is Monday 18th September 2022.
- Enter as an individual or as a group (must be in the same entry category.)
- The mini movie MUST be your own work. (You can ask parents to help where appropriate.)
- Mini movies can be from 1-5 minutes long on a popular readable format (MP4, H.264, .MOV etc).
PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED:
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Mini movies that tell a STORY.
- Mini movies that are creative and resourceful with a no-to-low budget.
- Entrants who have thought about how all elements of their mini movie work together e.g. sound, edit etc.
- Above all we want to see that you had fun and learnt from the experience!
SENDING US YOUR MINI MOVIE
Popular formats – MP4, H.264, MOV etc.
- Your name/s
- The title of your mini movie
- Your year group
- Your school
*IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED A CONFIRMATION EMAIL WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR FILM*
ALL films will be screened at the Chorleywood Film Club Film Festival Saturday 8th October 2022 at the Chorleywood War Memorial Hall, Common Road, where the winners will be announced…
Chorleywood Film Club reserves the right to amend the rules of the competition.
WHAT DO WE MEAN BY STORY? Every story has a basic structure: Beginning (we are introduced to the character or subject), middle (something happens to the character or subject) and end (there is a conclusion to the story).
FICTION: Is a film that tells a story made up from your imagination.
ANIMATION: Stop-motion animation: 2D (e.g. paper cut-outs/drawing etc) or 3D (e.g. objects, toys, Lego, puppets etc). Or computer generated animation.
DOCUMENTARY: Non-fictional, about real things or events or a topic that you are interested in e.g. wildlife, hobbies, sport etc. You could even make a pseudo-documentary which is in the style of a documentary but is fictional (made-up).
PLANNING YOUR MINI MOVIE
- Think about what you are interested in? Think what if…? For example something as random as – what if I was a cornflake?
- Draft out a script idea.
- Use storyboards to plan how your mini movie will fit together. STORYBOARD TEMPLATE
- What will you film it on? Smart phone, video camera, stills camera, go pro, tablet etc… you decide!
- Decide on location or if you need to make a set e.g. for your animation?
- Who/what will be in your mini movie? Actors, puppets, objects, animals, the environment, you etc.
- If you are in a team who will do what?
- Or try experimenting by going out with a camera and filming what you see then edit into a story later.
EDITING YOUR MINI MOVIE
You can edit your mini movie, add effects and sound etc. using software. Please do some research and maybe watch some tutorials.
What you could use to edit your mini movie:
EDITING SOFTWARE FOR MOBILE PHONE: Splice (iOS), Quik (iOS and Android), Adobe Premiere Clip (iOS and Android), Horizon (iOS and Android).
FREE SOUND EFFECTS: BBC Sound Effects